Thursday, August 11, 2005

This Morning Is for the Birds

When I looked out my window this morning, I was delighted to see two of Jerusalem’s local wild parakeet population on the cypress tree across the street. One flew away before I could grab my camera. The other stayed on his (her?) perch for quite a while, giving me time to take pictures.

Jerusalem parakeet

Hey, there! Are you ready for your close-up?

Jerusalem parakeet preening

And here’s a Palestine sunbird in all its iridescent glory.

Palestine Sunbird

Head over here for better pictures and more information on our green feathered friends. You can also see closer views of the Palestine sunbird here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!