Friday, December 23, 2005

On Again, Off Again (Mostly Off)

So I bring my computer into the shop for some necessary work. I get it back, hook it up, boot it ...

... and my monitor crashes.

Turns out that my computer had configured itself to the monitor in the shop, and my monitor at home couldn’t handle the new settings. It crashed so quickly that I didn’t even get a chance to reconfigure it. So I’ve been off-line at home for the past several days.

Now I have a temporary monitor, thanks to a good-hearted person I know. It should be just fine until my own monitor is repaired early next week (I hope).

Isn’t technology wonderful?

I’ve made some good changes, though. I now have Open Office and am using Thunderbird for e-mail (thanks to Laurence Simon, who gave me the idea).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!