Sunday, July 23, 2006

My Visit to the Friendly Neighborhood Vampire Van

I confess that I wasn’t sure whether to post these pictures. But when I saw that David of Treppenwitz had blogged his blood donation, I figured that if he could, I could, too.

I guess you could call it a case of “Blogger see, blogger do.”

The technician who drew my blood was kind and had a great sense of humor. He joked with me the entire time he was preparing my arm, and just before he inserted the needle, he said, “Now make a face as though you’re in a lot of pain. ...”

He had an excellent touch, too. I hardly felt a thing.

So ...

The van:

Magen David Adom mobile blood donor unit

Putting my feet up during a busy day:

Blood donation

I join Treppenwitz in urging all locals who can donate blood to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!