Saturday, July 19, 2008

Some Thoughts for Saturday Night

(Since the Israeli work-week starts on Sunday rather than on Monday, Saturday night is a “work night.” That goes double for me, since on most Sundays, I have to be at work at six o’clock in the morning.)

It’s been a tough couple of weeks, and there is other stuff going on right now that is difficult to deal with but that I don’t feel free to write about at the moment. (I sometimes joke that my biggest blogging category is “Things I Do Not Blog About.”) Let me clarify a little: there is no cause for alarm. I’m fine and in good health, work is fine, things are stable and OK here. Nevertheless, it’s not an easy time right now, and I’d appreciate some good thoughts and prayers.

Of course, I miss the Lady in Red a lot. This afternoon, I was going to go to the park for a while. Then I remembered how, several years ago, Lady came out in the rain to comfort me in the park after a close friend of mine had died. True, Lady had not lived in the park for almost the last year and a half of her life, but the memories were just too strong. So I didn’t go.

On the brighter side, I have started a project that I hope to complete fairly soon. It’s a counted cross-stitch sampler, and when it is done I intend to include a picture of it here, together with a post about where it’s going and why. Working with my hands gives me a lot of comfort, and I can surely use some of that now.

Another bright spot is that I got an order for more soap. The man in the open-air market who sells my soaps asked for a specific kind, and I hope to make it sometime this week.

Then there is another project that I have in the works. The raw materials are completed (whew! It was quite a lot of work), and it only remains to finish its physical production and get it out into the world. I hope to make that happen within the next few months.

The Three Weeks begin tomorrow. May they soon be transformed from a time of mourning to one of rejoicing, which will happen one day, according to Jewish tradition. “He will swallow up death forever. God will wipe away tears from every face and remove His people’s disgrace from all the earth, for God has spoken it” (Isaiah 25:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!