Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Special Ordinary Day

It was a day almost like any other. I got up, went to work, did all the things that I usually do... with one important difference.

It’s my birthday!

So during my travels, I stopped at the Brooklyn Bake Shop in the Geula neighborhood and picked up one of these:

Pretty ones all in a row

A black and white cookie, just like they make in New York. Nectar and ambrosia! The perfect birthday treat. Ah, there’s nothing like a black and white cookie!

Nectar and ambrosia

I’m not sure, but I believe that the Brooklyn Bake Shop is the only bakery in Israel where one can get black and white cookies.

The day continued to go smoothly. More work, and then it was off to Bradley Fish’s recording studio to lay down some vocal tracks for a singer-songwriter from down south who is about to release her first CD. (When it’s released, I’ll post about it here.) We worked quickly and efficiently, and I had a blast. Bradley is a joy to work with.

At the mic 1

One of my very favorite places to be: in front of a microphone at the recording studio. (Photo credit: Bradley Fish)

Another thing that made today special was the sheer number of birthday greetings that I got from friends, including people whom I haven’t seen in decades. The Internet surely is a miracle!

In other news, Simba’s family returned from their trip last night and came to pick him up. He was so happy to see them! I gave him a few leaves of fresh catnip as a going-away present, and I also gave his family some catnip seeds. I hope they’ll plant them for him. It was wonderful to have Simba here, and I admit I miss him. But judging from the way my allergies kicked in while he was here, it will be a long time before I can adopt a cat of my own.

But not to worry. I’m doing very well with acupuncture, so there’s hope.

And today was just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!