Thursday, September 02, 2010

Forty-Five Minutes

Today, I was remembering how the US secretary of state harangued the Israeli prime minister over the phone for forty-five minutes for daring to allow construction in Ramat Shlomo, as though she were his boss and he were her employee.

I find myself wishing that Bibi would pick up the phone and call her, and have her listen to the children crying for their murdered parents for forty-five minutes... and then listen to the Palestinians cheering the murders and handing out sweets for another forty-five minutes.

And then get the president on an extension, and ask them both exactly why they think that the checkpoints should be removed.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:24 AM

    I started following your blog for the Women at the Wall information. I'm very sorry to have to stop, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women of the Wall has members of all religious and political affiliations. I don't consider myself all that political, but I do have opinions on current events and occasionally share them on this blog. It is, after all, my personal blog, and anyone who wishes can visit or not, as they choose, and agree or not with whatever I may have to say.

    Your strong response to my post has gotten me curious, though. Assuming that you come back to look at my response to you -- if you have decided never to visit my blog again on the basis of this post, something in it must have offended you very much. May I ask what you found so offensive about it that you have decided never to come back?

    (And -- I can't help wondering -- is this how you respond to anyone in your life with whom you disagree -- to stop speaking to them and hearing what they have to say?)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!