Sunday, September 25, 2011

Plants of the Season – in Various Guises

A friend of mine has an etrog (citron) tree in her yard. Its fruits are large, and some of them are downright huge. Recently, she gave me half of an etrog to use in my soap (the grated peel, not the whole fruit!).


When I made a soap batch a few days ago, I cut the half that she gave me and was excited to find...


Germinated seeds inside a citron fruit


... germinated seeds!


Another look:


Germinated citron seeds


I planted five of them. What else could I do?


Finally as long as this is a post about fruit, here’s a photo for the upcoming New Year:


Pomegranate on the tree


Shana tova u-metuka – a good and sweet New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!